''Building the layers; exploration in acrylics' workshop with Karen George Art - Saturday 20th July 2024
'Building the layers; an exploration in acrylics' workshop with Karen George
1 day workshop
Based at Stratton-on-the-Fosse village hall; this 1 day workshop will teach you the versatility of acrylic paint and ink; introduce you to mediums you can use with acrylic paint and how to keep loose through layering.
You will learn techniques to apply acrylic using different tools and how to create depth of interest through layering plus have the opportunity to work on 2 new paintings using the skills you learn during the session.
- The workshop runs from 10am - 4pm with a break for lunch.
- Attendees should aim to arrive from 9.45am - time to meet up and grab a coffee before cracking on with the workshop.
- The workshop will be in Stratton-on-the-Fosse village hall - a bright airy space.
- The morning session will be concentrating on different techniques, materials and mixing colours.
- The afternoon session will be the chance to put all your new knowledge into action by painting 2 pieces. Please bring an image or 2 as inspiration.
- Refreshments (i.e. tea, coffee & cake) are included.
- Remember to bring your own packed lunch.
- Materials are included but you are of course welcome to bring your own art materials if you prefer.
- There is parking next to the hall.
Stratton-on-the-Fosse village Hall, Linkmead, Stratton-on-the-Fosse, Radstock BA3 4QQ