Mixed Media Sketchbooks Workshop with Karen George Art - Thursday 13th June 2024
'Mixed Media Sketchbooks' workshop with Karen George
1 day workshop - 10am - 4pm
Based at Stratton on the Fosse Village Hall this 1 day workshop is a wonderful opportunity to take time out and tap into your creativity. You and your sketchbook will be taken on a journey of discovery.
What will it cover?
Using nature as a prompt I’ll be guiding you through the process I use when I work in one of my ‘creative’ concertina sketchbooks.
Observation: You will use observation to create a starting point in your sketchbooks to spark your creativity. Using nature as a prompt you will be exploring line and shape with a variety of mediums and techniques.
Transformation: Learn how to abstract from your observational drawings; using techniques such as cropping, scale, rotation/reflection and identifying shape to form new compositions.
Pattern: Explore abstraction further through use of repetition, mark making, colour and collage.
The workshop is suitable for all abilities - you'll be amazed by how ideas start to flow!
- The workshop runs from 10am - 4pm
- Attendees should aim to arrive from 9.45am - time to meet up and grab a coffee before cracking on with the workshop.
- The workshop will be in Stratton on the Fosse Village Hall - a bright airy space.
- Refreshments (i.e. tea, coffee & cake) are included.
- Materials are included though you are welcome to bring your own resources if you prefer.
- All you need to bring is an apron and your packed lunch.
- There is parking available next to the hall.
Stratton-on-the-Fosse Village Hall, Linkmead, Stratton-on-the-Fosse, Radstock BA3 4QQ